Ligonier Beginner's Oil Painting Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Ligonier Valley will host a beginner’s oil painting workshop with local artist, Doreen Currie. The workshop will run from 1:00 p.m.—4:00 p.m. on two separate days, Tuesday, November 30, 2021 and Thursday, December 2, 2021. The cost to attend is $30 total and includes both days. A supply list is below and in your registration confirmation email.
Dorren Currie is a fourth-generation native of Latrobe, Pennsylvania and still resides on a portion of her great grandparent’s farm. She studied art and design at Seton Hill University and has taken numerous workshops with many accomplished and well-known artists. Currie is an accomplished plein air artist who has learned to paint what she knows and loves which is most often gorgeous farmlands, grazing cattle, billowing clouds and golden sunrises peaking just above the hillside.
During this workshop, Doreen will teach essential basics of oil painting and provide a step-by-step demonstration. She will also show you how to start your painting, develop the subject, then put some finishing touches on your own creation!
- Oil paints (I like Winton – it’s a student grade of Windsor Newton): ultra-marine blue, cerulean blue, alizarin crimson, cadmium yellow light, burnt sienna, raw umber, titanium white.
- Medium: Gambling neo megilp or Windsor newton liquin original.
- Brushes: flat #3 grade acrylic brushes and #6, #2, #4 and one small round brush for drawing (or oil brushes in the same sizes).
- Odorless turpentine or Odorless paint thinner.
- Several canvases: recommended sizes 9x12, 11x14, 12x16, 16x20 or whatever you prefer.
- Paper towels
- One or two palette knives
- Palette and/or palette paper